Development Coordinator 1/Program Coordinator, Leadership Giving
Yale University seeks a program coordinator to join the university’s distinguished division of alumni affairs and development. Reporting to the director of Leadership Giving and as a member of the university’s Leadership Giving team, the program coordinator provides a wide range of high-level support to the fundraisers on the team including data management, research, generating reports, queries, and responding to other technical inquiries, scheduling, fundraiser travel support, administrative tasks, and other related responsibilities. The program coordinator also provides direct administrative, technical, and project support to the director of Leadership Giving in an assistant capacity. Operating in a comprehensive, university-wide campaign environment, the program coordinator is an important member of the team and contributes to the team’s overall success. This position is an ideal opportunity for a flexible, independent, collaborative, and solutions-oriented individual who enjoys a team environment. The information provided in the principal responsibilities below is generic in nature, prospective applicants will find the information in this position focus to be most relevant to the position.
- Drafts a variety of written materials, including detailed individual prospect briefings and gift indentures, proposals in support of specific university initiatives, and internal and external correspondence that conforms to the style and voice of the sender.
- Coordinates research on individual donors and the history and status of gift commitments as needed by gift officers and other university officials. Ensures the accuracy of gift acknowledgments and all information communicated to donors and prospects.
- Prepares reports on prospect pools summarizing giving, status, affiliation, and other data points, as needed.
- Assists in the coordination of special events, including dedications, donor recognition events, and celebration of special initiatives to ensure timely and successful completion of the proceedings.
- Designs and produces ad hoc reports based on data extracted from primary databases to support fund raising programs.
- Oversees stewardship functions to ensure that donors receive ongoing communication regarding the benefits of their gifts to Yale.
- Supports fundraising directors and gift officers in a range of additional activities related to the university’s development effort, as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required skills and abilities
- Ability to initiate and complete tasks thoroughly, independently, proactively, and in a timely manner. Has time management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced, high-volume working environment. Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines, while producing a quality end-product.
- Strong written/oral communications skills and proficiency in communicating effectively and appropriately with members of the team and colleagues throughout the organization. Demonstrated organizational and research capabilities with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong technological skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software with a heavy emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to conduct data analysis, work with financial information, and perform intermediate level research utilizing internet resources. Ability and willingness to achieve proficiency with sophisticated internal database, which includes generating reports and queries regularly.
- Possesses high level of professionalism, maturity, sound judgement, integrity, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Required education and experience
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level and a high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an associate’s degree; or little or no work experience and a bachelor’s degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Preferred education and experience
Bachelor’s degree and at least three years in a university or professional setting.