Development Coordinator 1/Program Coordinator, Corporate Strategy and Engagement
Under the direction of the university director, Corporate Strategy and Engagement, the program coordinator will provide administrative support for a broad range of corporate fundraising and engagement activities in the Office of Development (ODV). Specifically, the program coordinator will:
- Prepare and disseminate, under the guidance of the university director, ad hoc corporate relations summary reports, highlighting corporate engagement on the Yale campus for both internal and external audiences.
- Contribute to the development of material in support of Corporate Strategy and Engagement initiatives and activities including website content, articles, and internal and external outreach to faculty, administrators, and industry.
- Find, collect and summarize as needed, and distribute industry and related content from diverse university and research sources.
- Assist in supporting communication and collaboration strategies with relevant offices across campus (such as Office of Cooperative Research, Office of Sponsored Programs, Office of the Provost, etc.).
- Maintain a spreadsheet/database highlighting corporate engagement including details on various responsible offices, corporate partnership programs, key on campus leaders, etc.
- Contribute to the development, piloting, and execution of corporate events on campus, partnering with other university departments as needed.
- Act as a liaison with other ODV program coordinators with gathering and distributing information on university leadership travel and other timely information.
The information provided in the principal responsibilities below is generic in nature; prospective applicants will find the information in this position focus to be most relevant to the position.
- Drafts a variety of written materials, including detailed individual prospect briefings and gift indentures, proposals in support of specific university initiatives, and internal and external correspondence that conforms to the style and voice of the sender.
- Coordinates research on individual donors and the history and status of gift commitments as needed by gift officers and other university officials. Ensures the accuracy of gift acknowledgments and all information communicated to donors and prospects.
- Prepares reports on prospect pools summarizing giving, status, affiliation, and other data points, as needed.
- Assists in the coordination of special events, including dedications, donor recognition events, and celebration of special initiatives to ensure timely and successful completion of the proceedings.
- Designs and produces ad hoc reports based on data extracted from primary databases to support fund raising programs.
- Oversees stewardship functions to ensure that donors receive ongoing communication regarding the benefits of their gifts to Yale.
- Supports fundraising directors and gift officers in a range of additional activities related to the university’s development effort, as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required skills and abilities
- Exceptional communication skills with special emphasis on writing. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organizational abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, adhere to priorities but be flexible when needed, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and time-constrained environment. Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Demonstrated familiarity with data entry and database searching.
- Professionalism, maturity, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Required education and experience
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level and a high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an associate’s degree; or little or no work experience and a bachelor’s degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Preferred education, experience, and skills
Experience in a university setting, development work, or academic research a plus. Familiarity with Yale. Familiarity with fundraising databases. Working knowledge of gift and grant administration or research administration is highly desirable.