Yale parents are enthusiastic champions of their children’s growth into tomorrow’s leaders. They recognize that a Yale education allows students to develop individual passions while cultivating a powerful desire to promote the greater good. Yale students have access to unparalleled resources—from innovative research spaces, vast libraries, and state-of-the-art athletic facilities, to distinguished faculty and the nurturing communities of the residential colleges. Gifts from parents preserve this exceptional educational experience for their children and the next generation of Yale undergraduates.
If you have something that you love to do, Yale makes it happen.
– Andrew Sotiriou ’13
During the Yale Tomorrow campaign, which raised $3.881 billion, our generous parents supported the University with gifts totaling more than $100 million. Every gift makes a difference in creating a stronger Yale for our students and faculty, and the world they serve.
Annual gifts. The Yale Parents Annual Fund provides essential resources for Yale College’s highest priorities, including financial aid, faculty support, and undergraduate life. During the 2011–2012 academic year, 2,418 parents gave $2,215,392 to the Parents Fund.
Learn more about annual giving.
Capital gifts. Each year, a group of committed parents makes significant gifts apart from the Parents Annual Fund that create a lasting legacy at the University. Recent leadership gifts from Yale parents include:
- A fund to support junior faculty members who are superior teachers of undergraduates
- Scholarship funds in Yale College and professorship funds in the Faculty of Arts & Sciences
- A gift in support of field trips to be held during the new fall academic break
- Support for the Provost’s Resource Fund to address unexpected needs and initiate innovations
- Funding to establish two new residential colleges