When I return to Yale, I am transported back, invigorated and inspired, but also fully aware that the campus is now for my daughter and her classmates to shape and lead.
—Jane Veron ’86, P ’16
Yale parents are enthusiastic champions of their children’s growth into tomorrow’s leaders. They recognize that a Yale education allows students to develop individual passions while cultivating a powerful desire to promote the greater good. Yale students have access to unparalleled resources—from innovative research spaces, vast libraries, and state-of-the-art athletic facilities, to distinguished faculty and the nurturing communities of the residential colleges. Gifts from parents preserve this exceptional educational experience for their children and the next generation of Yale undergraduates.
Annual gifts. The Yale Parents Annual Fund provides essential resources for Yale College’s highest priorities, including financial aid, faculty support, and undergraduate life. During the 2012–2013 academic year, 2,436parents gave $2,935,714 to the Parents Fund.
Capital gifts. Each year, a group of committed parents makes significant gifts apart from the Parents Annual Fund that create a lasting legacy at the university. Recent leadership gifts from Yale parents include:
- Funding to establish two new residential colleges
- A fund to support junior faculty members who are superior teachers of undergraduates
- Scholarship funds in Yale College and professorship funds in the Faculty of Arts & Sciences
- A gift in support of field trips to be held during the fall academic break
- Support for the Provost’s Resource Fund to address unexpected needs and initiate innovations