Training and Development Manager, Office of Development
The development training and development manager in the Yale Office of Development will create an onboarding, orientation, and training strategy that elevates the human capital needs affiliated with the university’s primary fundraising enterprise.
Reporting to the chief resource officer, the training and development manager is a key member of the team responsible for a range of programs and activities designed to help ensure the successful organizational effectiveness and retention of ODV staff. The Training and development manager is responsible for developing processes, strategies, and initiatives to meet the onboarding, orientation and training needs of the Office of Development. Working with the chief resource office, HRG, and other staff, the training and development manager will help design talent management, career development, succession planning and management development strategies for the Office of Development. In addition, this role will work collaboratively on recruitment, training and organizational development efforts.
- Develop, implement and evaluate current employee development programs in place for the Office of Development. Identify and recommend opportunities to improve and align systems and work to prepare and enhance staff for the organizational growth needs of the department, supporting the long term strategies required of the institution.
- Review and continually assess the full range of orientation and onboarding offerings, ensuring that new staff have an effective introduction to the work of the Office of Development and the university as a whole. Tailor programs so that they complement unit-specific onboarding.
- Conducts needs assessments to identify gaps in current training programs and processes to drive training initiatives and best in class industry learning opportunities. Develops, executes and maintains proactive training programs that challenge and energize employees while strengthening the service levels.
- Provides leadership and direction in achieving and sustaining a high-performance/high-commitment work force. Provides consulting to Yale Office of Development regarding team development and professional development of staff and management.
- Provides input with regard to human capital impacting business strategies and plans. Influences and/or executes workforce planning activities, organizational design and alignment of people strategy to business goals.
- Reviews current work processes, initiates role redesign, develops and/or updates job descriptions to accurately reflect the specific duties and maintain consistency among Office of Development positions. Calibrates positions and duties across campus.
- In support of chief resource officer and together with Organizational Effectiveness and Staff Development (OESD) and Development’s leadership team, plans, creates and facilitates programs with respect to all employee meetings, quarterly meetings and annual Yale Office of development retreat.
- May perform other duties, as assigned.