Program Coordinator, Communications, Marketing and Communications
Provide support for Yale’s fundraising efforts by assisting in the development and production of a range of print and electronic communications materials to engage Yale’s alumni, parents, and friends and encourage support for Yale’s fundraising priorities. Reports to the associate director, Communications Special Projects, and provides high-level administrative and project management support to the members of the communications team within the Office of Development’s Marketing & Communications unit. In addition to those noted below, key responsibilities include monitoring budget and communications logs; creating and tracking project schedules; playing a key role in the production of donor recognition honor rolls; establishing, updating, and implementing departmental procedures; providing and coordinating support as required for diverse communications projects including printed materials, donor recognition programs, market research, web-based and other electronic communications, and mailings/e-mailings; maintaining publications inventory, sample files, and photo archives; creating and maintaining spreadsheet and database tracking of donor recognition plaque initiatives; monitoring invoice processing and acting as department liaison with Business Office; and performing data entry and other administrative tasks as required.
- Oversees and coordinates program activities. Establishes, selects, implements, and coordinates administrative functions, procedures, and systems.
- Based on knowledge of and experience with program activities, objectives and staff, serves as principal source of information on policies, procedures, programs and office activities. Establishes and maintains professional relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Processes and monitors expenses and ensures adherence to budgetary guidelines. Prepares budget drafts based on existing budgets. May oversee, coordinate and/or complete applications and materials needed for grant submission.
- Composes substantive correspondence and written material. Determines sources of data. Compiles, synthesizes and manipulates data. Summarizes findings and writes, produces and distributes reports or portions of reports. May create simple databases.
- Provides editorial support for a journal/publication. Proofreads and edits material for grammatical and factual accuracy. Tracks copy through various editing and production stages. Communicates with authors, printers, and others concerned with published work.
- Oversees, instructs, and coordinates activities of support staff.
- Ensure compliance with University, Federal, and State guidelines, rules, and regulations.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer service skills with ability to critically assess inquiries and provide appropriate information or resolution using judgment and available resources, and proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent proofreading, oral and written communication skills. Proven knowledge of spelling, punctuation and grammar. Strong organizational, attention to detail and follow through skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and aptitude for learning new systems quickly.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize work with multiple and conflicting demands in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member, while exercising independent and critical judgment.
Required Education and Experience
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level and a high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an associate degree; or little of no work experience and a bachelor degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.