Program Coordinator, Stewardship
Reporting to the senior director, marketing & communications, and the director, stewardship, provides high-level administrative and project management support to the members of the stewardship team within the Office of Development’s Marketing & Communications team and to the unit’s senior director. In addition to the general responsibilities noted below, specific responsibilities include overseeing and executing the production and mailing of president’s acknowledgement letters to donors; overseeing and executing production of electronic award letters to students assigned to named scholarship funds; managing student thank-you letter process by creating and coordinating reminder email schedule, working with working with Blackbaud CRM and some ancillary FileMaker-based systems, and tracking responses; serving as liaison to Business Office regarding financial affairs of the unit; maintaining annual invoice logs, preparing expense reports, and tracking postage expenses/usage; training and overseeing the work and schedules of student interns; maintaining unit-wide calendars and other administrative tools; maintaining confidential files of information of correspondence with and about staff and donors.
- Oversees and coordinates program activities. Establishes, selects, implements, and coordinates administrative functions, procedures, and systems.
- Based on knowledge of and experience with program activities, objectives and staff, serves as principal source of information on policies, procedures, programs and office activities. Establishes and maintains professional relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Processes and monitors expenses and ensures adherence to budgetary guidelines. Prepares budget drafts based on existing budgets. May oversee, coordinate and/or complete applications and materials needed for grant submission.
- Composes substantive correspondence and written material. Determines sources of data. Compiles, synthesizes and manipulates data. Summarizes findings and writes, produces and distributes reports or portions of reports. May create simple databases.
- Provides editorial support for a journal/publication. Proofreads and edits material for grammatical and factual accuracy. Tracks copy through various editing and production stages. Communicates with authors, printers, and others concerned with published work.
- Oversees, instructs, and coordinates activities of support staff.
- Ensure compliance with University, Federal, and State guidelines, rules, and regulations.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer service skills with ability to critically assess inquiries and provide appropriate information or resolution using judgment and available resources, and proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent proofreading, oral and written communication skills; proven knowledge of spelling, punctuation and grammar; strong organizational, attention to detail and follow through skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically mail merges, and aptitude for learning new systems quickly.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize work with multiple and conflicting demands in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member, while exercising independent and critical judgment.
Required Education and Experience
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level and a high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an associate degree; or little of no work experience and a bachelor degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
Experience with FileMaker.