Graphic Designer, Communications
Reporting to the deputy director, graphic design & online engagement, Marketing & Communications, designs and produces a variety of print and electronic publications and other materials to support the Office of Development’s fundraising and relationship-building efforts.
- Independently conceptualizes, designs, and produces materials in support of special events, including invitations, postcards, programs, agendas, menu cards, honor rolls, HTML e-mails, online registration sites, and other materials as necessary.
- Independently conceptualizes designs and produces materials in support of specific fundraising units, including, but not limited to, case statements, brochures, stationery, branding/identity/logos, print and e-newsletters, mailers, postcards, forms, envelopes, HTML e-mails, and other materials.
- Designs and updates web pages, sections, and microsites; develops material for web pages, interactive media, and multimedia projects as assigned.
- Maintains and updates online Gift Guide
- Takes photographs and sources photography and other images for print and electronic publications, using both internal and external sources.
- Designs and produces donor recognition items such as framed mementos, scrapbooks, and plaques.
- Conceptualizes shoots, edits and/or oversees video projects.
- Act as liaison with and oversees the work of printers and other vendors as assigned.
- Develops, maintains, and adheres to project schedules.
- Perform other graphic design and production tasks as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience in a related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and Acrobat). Creative thinker with excellent and proven graphic design and website development skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills, ability to work diplomatically and gracefully with internal clients and external vendors.
- Well-developed organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously under significant deadline pressure.
- Self-motivated and dedicated worker, able to work independently and as part of a team.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
Proficiency with Drupal, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience with videography. Prior experience in a university and/or development setting and knowledge of Yale strongly preferred.