Development Coordinator 1/Assistant Program Coordinator, Corporate and Foundation Relations
Under the direction of the operations and stewardship manager, the assistant program coordinator will provide a full range of support for the Corporate & Foundation (C&F) Relations team in the Office of Development (ODV). Specifically, the program coordinator will: assist with stewardship coordination and oversight including, on occasion, stewardship of individuals and/or hybrid cases assigned to C&F; assist C&F development officers with preparing and editing stewardship reports and ensuring that they are completed and transmitted in a timely manner; draft stewardship and related correspondence; maintain a stewardship activity master calendar; and, at the direction of the operations and stewardship manager or C&F development officers, coordinate with other university offices (such as the Grants and Contracts Financial Office, Yale College, etc.) to obtain relevant information for C&F stewardship reports and to keep track of the distribution of financial and other school or unit reporting. In addition, the program coordinator will assist with: C&F revenue reporting and other time sensitive documentation including, but not limited to, briefings, agendas, and trip memoranda; updating of C&F information in the fundraising database; the preparation of ad hoc reports, lists, internal and external correspondence, and other documentation requested by development and university leadership; in the coordination of special events, including dedications, donor recognition events and celebration of special initiatives to ensure timely and successful completion of the proceedings. The program coordinator acts as a liaison with other ODV program coordinators with gathering and distributing information on University leadership travel and other timely information. The information provided in the principal responsibilities below is generic in nature; prospective applicants will find the information in this position focus to be most relevant to the position.
Drafts a variety of written materials, including detailed individual prospect briefings and gift indentures, proposals in support of specific university initiatives and internal and external correspondence that conforms to the style and voice of the sender.
- Coordinates research on individual donors and the history and status of gift commitments as needed by gift officers and other university officials. Ensures the accuracy of gift acknowledgments and all information communicated to donors and prospects.
- Prepares reports on prospect pools summarizing giving, status, affiliation and other data points, as needed.
- Assists in the coordination of special events, including dedications, donor recognition events and celebration of special initiatives to ensure timely and successful completion of the proceedings.
- Designs and produces ad hoc reports based on data extracted from primary databases to support fund raising programs.
- Oversees stewardship functions to ensure that donors receive ongoing communication regarding the benefits of their gifts to Yale.
- Supports fundraising directors and gift officers in a range of additional activities related to the university’s development effort, as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level and a high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an associate's degree; or little or no work experience and a bachelor's degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Preferred education and experience
Experience in a university setting or with development work. Familiarity with Yale. Familiarity with fundraising databases. Working knowledge of gift and grant administration at Yale is highly desirable.
Skills and abilities
- Exceptional communication skills with special emphasis on writing. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organizational abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, to adhere to priorities but to be flexible when needed, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and time-constrained environment. Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Familiarity with data entry and advanced database searching.
- Professionalism, maturity, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.